Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cat Nap

I'm in a photography program that meets two nights a week and every other Saturday. It's a bit of a drive from my house - over an hour each way - but as long as the weather isn't entirely the pits I don't mind it so much. I like driving. I hate automatic transmissions. Yeah, I'm a bit of a control freak.

The mornings after my night classes, however, are the toughest part. I do NOT want to get out of bed. Leave me the hell alone, I just want to sleep. Tell that to the mammals, though. They know that food comes from me, so at 6:30 (or earlier, if they feel like it), the dog starts whimpering and nudging at the covers, and the cat starts her perimeter patrols of the bed (with occasional forays into the bedcover caves, see earlier post), punctuated by the abbreviated little croak which is her all-purpose meow. I ignore them as long as I can, but eventually you know they win out. I'd love to stay in bed all morning, but I have to get to work anyway.

So now, I'm here at my desk, ready to pass out. Couldn't even make it to the gym this morning - I promise myself I will go after work. Maybe a little cat nap at my desk this afternoon...

P.S. That's Cally up there - one of the last photos ever taken of her before she passed away last year. I doubt I'll ever stop missing her, but I like to think of her like this, fast asleep. She always curled into this tiny ball of sleeping fur, so compact and delicate she made my heart burst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home