Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm getting very impatient with this drizzle. Have I become spoiled, living out here? Have I become used to intermittent sunshine throughout the spring? This weather is so much like home, I should be feeling nostalgic. Instead, I just feel cold and damp and annoyed about it all.

My open-toed shoes have been brought out from hiding and displayed expectantly across the shelf in my closet. Likewise, my motorcycle sits in the garage, protected from the rain, waiting for the clouds to part so we can go out and play together. Yesterday I baked three batches of biscotti to warm up the kitchen, with little lasting effect (and now, there are three batches of biscotti to tempt my pre-marital waistline...the horror...the horror...).

Thanks to the nearly exclusively male history of the college where I work, there is only one washroom on our floor for women - this building is one of the originaly buildings, and you either bake or freeze in it - no in between. Someone opened the window to deal with the smells that accumulate in that washroom...but now of course it is like peeing in an outhouse in February in there. I was afraid I was going to stick to the seat.

There's no immediate end in sight. I've made two sundresses in the last month, hoping against hope there'll be some time to wear them soon. Now I'm starting to think I'd better make some kind of wrap or shawl for the morning of the wedding, or I'm going to freeze in my dress out there on the beach. Maybe I'd better find an umbrella too...

Check out the ten-day weather forecast.

1 Comments:

At 24/5/05 9:21 a.m., Blogger Christina Mallet Photography said...

This weather has cured my of my homesickness. Blaaaaaaghhhhgh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home