Monday, April 25, 2005

Dawn of the Dead

I hate getting sick. I'm not a particularly good patient. Usually if I'm feeling under the weather, I consider it a fine enough excuse to stay home from work, but little more. Our department head is one of these highly germ-phobic people that wipe down doorknobs with anti-bacterial babywipes, so he was at least glad I chose to stay away last week. What pissed me off even more was my complete physical inability to do anything other than moan and shiver on the couch for several days. This, during a spring heatwave that should have had me down on Cape Cod walking the dog to the beach in the morning. What a waste of beautiful weather.

So now I'm back at work, and of course no one does your work while you're away. The papers are starting to breed again. No loafing this week. I have a ton of copy to write. It's no wonder I've pretty much given up any thoughts of writing for a living. I already do, and it sucks. I suppose it would make a difference if I could write something I was interested in, but after a day of writing the same promo bullshit six different ways, I'm too burnt out to create anything remotely interesting on the page in my own time.

Hence, photography...

Which reminds me - I have a lot to catch up on there too! New photoshop module starts this week. I better do some review...

1 Comments:

At 25/4/05 2:34 p.m., Blogger Christina Mallet Photography said...

Hey Pal,

I'm glad you're feeling better! I missed you.

See you tomorrow,
C

P.S. Your photo essay was simply superb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home