Thursday, May 26, 2005

Yet Another Chapter in the Ongoing Smelly Saga

I have little time, so this will be brief:

I came into work today to discover my computer had no power. A few other nearby outlets were also tits up. Turns out Miss Smelly had overloaded the circuit, plugging in two (TWO!) space heaters out of the same outlet (remember, this is a very old building, and you have to be careful with where you pull power from). One outlet was apparently for her; the other for her 2-gallon fish tank.

She left after lunch yesterday for an appointment, not returning, and left the heaters running all night long. It was three hours this morning before the lads in Plant Services appeared, to unlock the breaker box and get my computer up and running again. I suppose I could have called the president, but I figured two nuisance calls in 24 hours from our department wasn't going to do much for the case for my salary raise.

My director BCC'd me late yesterday on his note to her, and her response. His was basically a 5 paragraph essay on the theme of 'WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???' In her response, I could practically hear the close-to-tears-stammering - and utter lack of understanding of exactly why calling the president yesterday to bitch about the lack of heat was a truly bush move.

*********************

In other, more exciting, and sort of nervous news, we're off to the Cape tonight to visit with family - especially Craig's brother and wife who are out here from California and who we haven't seen in nearly two years. And yes, this weekend is when the nuptial news gets spilled - so wish us luck!

Pray for sunshine - or at least, for warmer rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home