Monday, July 18, 2005

Hitched

It's all official. Craig and I got hitched on July 1st, under a torrent of mist and mosquitoes in southern Maine. Nothing ever goes exactly as you expect it will, but the day was still perfect in my mind, if for no other reason than looking at Craig and dabbing tears out of my eyes while I listened to his vows, and feeling his arm around my waist as I spoke mine. It was an intensely heartfelt moment and a perfect reflection of our relationship.

The day was capped off magnificently with a night spent at Isle Au Haut at The Keeper's House, an inn created out of the lighthouse keeper's home, with a view of the lighthouse blushing through our window all night long and the fog-filled straits beyond. The next day, the sun broke through and we were off for two weeks of touring and being tourists all the way up to Cape Breton.

There will be stories and photos over the next little while. Apologies for having none at hand at the moment. I did want to simply check in here and assure people that we are indeed home, in one piece. The TR6 (our honeymoon getaway vehicle) may have seen its last road trip, but it probably couldn't ride off into the sunset any better than it did.

xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home