Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Light and form

OK, I could bitch more about work today, or even about getting more damned snow, but what would be the fun in that? Today I'm daydreaming about photographs I want to take, shots I want to set up. I've been preoccupied lately with the idea of shooting bodies, forms, behind some kind of veil or something that obscures detail. Flyscreens, gauze, definitely different fabrics. I see a lot of nudes, but not in overtly erotic ways, just more suggestions of form. I need to figure out how to light it. Moreover, I need to wait for warmer weather before I have a hope of talking someone into posing nude for me, since I think of doing this in the barn with the light that filters in from the upper windows in the afternoon. That barn is damned cold right now. Lots of ideas...need to start jotting them down, and then figuring out how to get people to model...

I bought a book on shooting nudes over the weekend - what I thought was interesting was that it had a whole section in the back explaining how every one of the shots was made - camera settings, film (no digital), lighting, etc. I have to spend some time with that while waiting for the warmer weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home