Friday, June 17, 2005

How Did I Get Here?

5:40 am

I'm jogging down Salisbury Street with a dozen other women, panting loudly, willing myself to make it the whole way back this morning without stopping part way. The thought which occurs to me is...how on earth is it that I'm jogging down Salisbury Street right now when I was this close to not even getting out of bed this morning?

5:00 am

Alarm goes off, for what must be the third time. I don't remember the first two times. I sit up straight right away and swing my legs over the end of the bed, but the rest of me doesn't want to get out. I groan and wipe my eyes. Craig asks me if I'm OK. I reply that I'm simply exhausted, since I didn't get to bed until past 11 the night before. It's so hard to get up after having class the night before and having an hour's drive home - this time through a virulent thunderstorm. He says 'you can do it, xxx' (term of endearment concealed here to protect the rest of the public from rolling their eyeballs). Somehow I get up and start getting dressed, but my legs are leaden and my head is in a daze.

5:45 am

Make it around the designated lamp post and head back up Salisbury Street. All the way, no stops.

1 Comments:

At 20/6/05 9:50 a.m., Blogger Christina Mallet Photography said...

You Go Girl! That's Impressive. Be proud, even though you're Canadian self is telling you to be way too humble!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home